“If adding a new domain while in the workflow of creating a new account, skip to step 3 below.
- Log in to your Cloudflare account.
- Click on Add site from the top navigation bar.
- Enter your website’s root domain and then click Add Site. For example, if your website is www.example.com, type example.com.
- Cloudflare attempts to automatically identify your DNS records. This process takes approximately 60 seconds to complete.
- Click Next.
You may see the remaining Enterprise domain quota, if applicable. Contact your Cloudflare Account Team if you have reached your Enterprise domain quota.
- Select a plan level.
- Click Confirm in the Confirm Plan window that appears.
- Review whether all DNS records were identified in the DNS query results window.
- Manually add missing DNS records
- Decide which subdomains enable Cloudflare security and performance features or bypass Cloudflare.security and performance features or bypass Cloudflare
- Some records, like MX, cannot proxy through Cloudflare and don’t display a Cloud icon.
- Click Continue.
- Copy the 2 Cloudflare nameservers displayed and click Continue. Once assigned, Cloudflare Support cannot move your domain to a different nameserver or a different Cloudflare IP address.
- To finish domain setup and activate your domain on Cloudflare, change your domain nameservers to Cloudflare.”
Adding a website
- Go by to cloud flare(Overview section) and click on “Recheck name servers” On the bottom, you will see Success!
- Make sure to turn on SSL(By going to Crypto tab, On the CloudFlare Website)
- Note: SSL certificate issuance may take up to 24 hours.
- We suggest you do some benchmarking after its fully working. You can refer to https://gtmetrix.com
- Once Cloudflare issues your certificate, Head over to page rules
- Click on create page rules input the following
- https://*(Your website name here).com/*
- Then click on add settings and select Always Use HTTPS.
- There is an additional step for WordPress users which we do recommend.
- Head over to your WordPress dashboard and install Cloudflare Plugin, it has features that will help your site.
- Automatic cache purging, Support for HTTP2/Server Push
- View analytics such as total visitors, bandwidth saved, and threats blocked, And so on.
- After that, you will need to input your Cloudflare email address and API key in the settings. Copy the one that says “Global API Key.” Then click on “Save API Credentials.” For API Key click here
Feel Free To Check Out Our Blog For More!